At its core, Sync-One2 measures the time between an audio beep and video flash, such as a 2-pop/flash frame or similar. Displaying the delay/offset and if the audio leads or lags with reference to the video. The delay/offset is displayed in milliseconds (1/1000th of a second) and, if desired, in frames, all in real time.
You can enable a running average of readings displayed in milliseconds or frames, which can average 1000’s of readings. A memory buffer holds the most recent 60 readings to check overall system stability or drift. Statistics are calculated for average and span, available in milliseconds or frames.
Sync-One2 v2 also offers speaker polarity testing from firmware v2.3.0 or above. All firmware updates, including new features, are free.
Sync-One2 will work with any resolution or type of display, so it is 4K / UHD / HDR-ready, OK with LCD, OLED, Plasma, and Projectors.
Sync-One2 has the following features.
- Simple one-handed operation, turn on Sync-One2, and it’s ready to go
- Easy to read OLED display
- Internal microphone and external audio input via a 3.5mm audio jack
- A simple menu system to adjust settings and set options
- Settings and options are retained, even if the batteries are removed, although the memory buffer is cleared at shutdown
- Self-calibrating to help reduce false readings from ambient light and noise
- Additional support for testing in spaces with long reverberation times
- Real-time output in milliseconds/frames, You can also display a rolling real-time average in milliseconds or frames
- Statistics are calculated automatically on the last 60 readings taken for average and span, in milliseconds and frames
- Fast startup, ready to take measurements in just a few seconds
- USB Mini-B port for data logging
- API interface via the USB port to enable remote control, and to supply power
- The ability to add a custom startup splash text via the API interface or Sync-One2 can be ordered with permanent startup splash text.
- Firmware is upgradeable for new features and bespoke customisation is available.
- Internal dynamically adjusted microphone for audio pickup.
- 3.5mm stereo (downmixed to mono internally) audio jack for connecting to a headphone or line out as a direct audio feed. Supports up to 3v RMS (9v peak to peak) maximum line input.
- External audio detection is automatic but may be overruled via a menu option.
- Measurement of audio-visual delay up to ±750 milliseconds (±3000 milliseconds in extended mode).
- The display is rounded to the nearest 1 millisecond or 1/100th of a frame, with an internal timing resolution of 0.01 milliseconds. The minimum resolution between light and sound pulse is 0.05 milliseconds.
- Self-calibration adjusts for ambient noise and light, including fluorescent/ LED light flicker.
- Automatic microphone gain adjustment during the calibration process.
- Adjustable audio trigger level (default is high sensitivity).
- Adjustable video trigger level (default is high sensitivity).
- Adjustable Mask Time (the minimum time before Sync-One2 re-arms for the next reading) to help with spaces with long reverberation times.
- Memory buffer of the most 60 recent readings, with automatic calculation of statistics for span and average in milliseconds and frames.
- Dimensions (H x W x D), 144mm x 90mm x 30mm (5.6″ x 3.5″ x 1.2”).
- 165g (5.8oz), excluding batteries.
- 16 x 2 OLED display for easy viewing, fast response, and low power consumption.
- Operating temperature from 5 to 50 Celsius (41 to 122 Fahrenheit).
- System firmware is upgradeable to enable upgrades for new features or bespoke customer requirements.
- The ability to add a custom splash text message on startup.
- The ability to order Sync-One2 v2 with a permanent splash text message, so it’s easy for companies to add a brand or bespoke identification.
- 2 x AA (LR6) batteries, rechargeable AA batteries are fine too.
- Reverse battery protection.
- Battery life from standard AA batteries is around 50 hours of continuous operation.
- A tiny current of less than 0.1 µA is used when off. Therefore, removing the batteries when not used for a while is always best.
- Low battery indication and auto shutdown when batteries become too low to maintain accuracy.
- When powered via the USB Mini-B port, batteries can remain installed.
Data logging and API interface
- Via the USB Mini-B port, the default is to output real-time logging of readings.
- An API interface enables remote control of Sync-One2 v2 to automate testing/system adjustments or gather data for system compliance reporting.
- A separate manual contains the API commands available.
- An example Python script for API control is available on GitHub.
Made in the UK
Compliance to standards
EN 55103-1:2009 Part 1 (EMC Emissions)
EN 55103-2:2009 Part 2 (EMC Immunity)
EN 55103-2:2009 (Magnetic Immunity)
IEC 61000-4-2 (ESD)
RoHS compliant and lead free